Thursday 14 February 2013

Plans for Half term

It's been a while since I last blogged but thought it was time for a catch-up. 

My school broke up for Half term today so I'm pretty excited at the moment. 
I want to spend the week actually doing things unlike usually when I'd just sleep and eat all day long. 
  • I have some Work Experience lined up for Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday which I am really looking forward to! 
  • When we get back to school I have mock exams for Biology F211 and Chemistry ABG as well as a few Practical assessments so I plan to revise for them. 
  • And I'm on cake duty for economics for the Thursday we go back and I thought it'd be nice to bake a cake for when we finish our Biology mock so I might bake during this week to try out a recipe or two.
  • I need to also give letters in to my local GP Surgeries because they all rejected me last time and told me to apply again. It's annoying how booked up they are with prospective medical applicants but that just goes to show how much competition there is for Medicine, even in my town! I do hear it's very worth it though if there is an opportunity to do some shadowing with a GP.
  • My application for the opticians needs handing in too. I thought it'd be interesting to get some work experience at the opticians because if I don't go into medicine, Optometry is likely to be my second call. Eyes really intrigue me so I'd like to see if that's a job that I would enjoy doing. 
  • Then I need to book my planes for summer. I have a work placement set up in Thailand for July and I haven't booked flights yet so that needs arranging.
  • Mamma J wants me to clean my room but I doubt that'll get done. Ido need to tidy my notes and organise them to start revising for May exams soon. 

Busy week planned, hopefully it'll be fun too :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment